Starts with the letter 'Vi'
- Victorian Chess. Missing description (10x8, Cells: 80) Author: John Kipling Lewis. Inventor: John Kipling Lewis and David Paulowich.
- Viennese Chess, or Viennese Kriegspiel. Start with a secretly made setup. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: David Howe. Inventor: Dr. Ritter von Korwin-Dzbanski.
- Vierschach. 19th Century 4-player game where allies start off at right angles to each other. (14x14, Cells: 160) Author: Jörg Knappen. Inventor: G. Arthur Lutze.
- Viking Chess. Armies start side-by-side on a 12 x 7 board. (12x7, Cells: 84) Author: Tomas Forsman and Peter Aronson. Inventor: Tomas Forsman.
- Viking Chess. Game board and pieces in search of rules. (Cells: 37) Author: Michael Ireland.
- Vimes Chess. Variant inspired by a footnote in a Discworld novel. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Charles Gilman.
|6 'Game' entries listed||3 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'Small board' entry listed||2 'Three or more players' entries listed|
|1 'From ancient times' entry listed||1 'Circular shaped board' entry listed|
|1 'Each player has a different army' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6