Starts with the letter 'S'
- Sankaku Shogi . Small Shogi variant played on a board of 44 triangles with no drops and a teleporting Emperor. By Larry L. Smith.
- Shifting Sands Chess . Special squares -- which can be dropped and moved -- change the types of pieces that land on them. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Slide Chess . Variant on 44 squares with moving cages. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Smegi . Arrows on squares show where pieces can go - crossover between Smess and Shogi. By Fergus Duniho.
- Snake Chess . A variant played on a 2 by 12 cyclindrical board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Snark Hunt . Variant with unequal armies on board with 41 squares, inspired by a poem of Lewis Carroll's. By Peter Aronson.
- Spartan Chess 28 for Zillions . Zip file with Zillions rules file and graphics. By Graeme C Neatham.
- String Chess. A one-dimensional variant with a fairy theme. Author: Mathew M. Burke. Inventor: Aaron Hall.
- Subway Chess . In a turn, player moves first middle subway part of board and then a piece. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Francois Tremblay.
- Symmetron! 44 . Most pieces move orthogonally or diagonally according to situation. By Antoine Fourrière and Roberto Lavieri.
Total items listed: 10