Starts with the letter 'S'
- Sac Chess. Play classical chess along with classical compound pieces: amazons, chancellors, archbishops... Author: Carlos Cetina. Inventor: Kevin Pacey.
- Schoolbook. This is a Game Courier preset for Schoolbook Chess. By Sam Trenholme.
- Shafran's Hexagonal Chess. I G Shafran's Game on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Isaak Grigorevich Shafran.
- Shako. Cannons and elephants are added in variant on 10 by 10 board. Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside). By Gary K. Gifford.
- Shogi-of-Chesstonia. 9 x 12 Shogi Variant that includes a Queen and some Modern Shatranj Pieces. By Gary K. Gifford.
- SHORANJI Maximus. 9 x 12 variant of Six Fortresses Short Range. 2-Step pawn initial move option. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Shosu Shogi. 10x10 Shogi variant with Queens and more powerful promoted pieces. By Adam DeWitt.
- Sorcerer Chess. Big board chess featuring the Sorcerer (Zebra compund) and the Conjurer (Camel compound). By Charles Daniel.
- Sosarian Chess. 12x8 Game with Capablanca-type pieces plus two lions. By Greg Strong.
- SpaceWar. SpaceWar. By Joe Joyce.
- SSShess. Attempt at optimal setup with the most popular in the West and in the East chess pieces with the optimum piece density. By Namik Zade.
- Star Pool Chess. Large variant of Makruk, with a center non-square that acts as a bridge. By Tony Quintanilla and Peter Aronson.
- Stealth Ninja Chess. Features a Drop Zone and diverse pieces such as Ninja Guards, Ninja Warriors, Stealth Gryphon, Anti-Gryphon, and Ninja Pawns. By Charles Daniel.
- Storm the Ivory Tower. Play this Smess adaptation of Chinese Chess by email. By Fergus Duniho.
- Super Knights Chess 2. The Archbishop and Chancellor are complimented by a Ferz Knight, a Wazir Knight and Ninja Pawns. By Charles Daniel.
- Suzumu Shogi. 16x16 Shogi variant based on Tenjiku Shogi. By Adam DeWitt.
- Symchess. 10 x 10 setup with Capablanca-esque pieces and camels or fils. By Namik Zade.
- Symmetric Chess. Play chess with a couple of queens flanking the king. By Carlos Cetina.
- Symmetron! 112. Large version of Symmetron!, with a third modifier. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Antoine Fourrière and Roberto Lavieri.
Total items listed: 20