Starts with the letter 'Re'
- Re. Drop pieces on a 5 by 5 board. By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Ready Chess . Pieces cannot capture right after capturing, they have to be restored first. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Rebel Chess . King's Pawn is replaced by Recruiter piece that moves like an Alfil and can change a piece's side. Author: Peter Aronson.
- Rebel Fury . Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
- Recognized Variants of the Month . Game Pak I. (Recognized!)
- Reduced Endgame Chess . Two kings and six pawns are used for practicing endgames. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Reenterent Chess . There is one additional square where taken pieces can wait to reenter 5 by 8 main area. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Edward Lovett.
- Regenbogen . Unusual spectrum-based game with Wizards, Clerics and Spirits. Author: Joost Aan de Brugh. Inventor: Jared B. McComb.
- Regulator Chess . Game on a 35 square board with a 7 square track on which a piece moves that determines how Knights and Bishops can move. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Samuel H. Bell.
- Relativistic Chess. Squares attacked by the opponent are considered not to exist. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Kevin Whyte.
- Renezan's Chess . Proprietary game, Bi Triad, 1993. Inspired by Wildebeest Chess. Author: Yu Ren Dong. Inventor: BiTriad.
- Renniassance Chess . Game played on several sizes of large board with 68 pieces per side. Author: Edward Holzman. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
|12 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||3 'Large board' entries listed|
|4 'Small board' entries listed||1 'Board with hexagonal shaped cells' entry listed|
|1 'Sold commercially' entry listed|
Total items listed: 12