Starts with the letter 'Me'
- Mecklenbeck Chess. Pawns can promote on the sixth row. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Bernd Eickenscheidt.
- Med Chess. Diagonal board game with a mix of traditional, modern and Shogi pieces. (8x8, Cells: 44) By Erez Schatz.
- Medieval Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Medieval War Chess. This game has quite a few differences from regular chess, but it does use the standard board and pieces, making it easy to play. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Anthony Peterson.
- Medusa Shogi. Missing description (11x11, Cells: 121) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Mega-Chess. A chess game where each piece is a chess game! (8x8x64, Cells: 4096) By David Howe.
- Mega-rajah and the Super-sepoys. Large-board version of Maharajah and Sepoys with new pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Megachess. Played on 6 boards arranged in a 2 by 3 grid. (24x16, Cells: 384) By Fred Lange.
- MegaMan Chess. Pieces fire projectile weapons when capturing. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Megastar of David. Enlarged version of Star of David 2 Level Hex Chess. (x2, Cells: 182) By Charles Gilman.
- Meirav. Pieces are buried before they are captured, buried pieces may capture other buried pieces. (8x8x2, Cells: 128) By כהן דותן.
- Melbourne Chess and Christchurch Chess. 3-D variant on an 8x8x8 board. (8x8x8, Cells: 512) By Charles Gilman.
- Mêlée. Variant on 9 by 9 board with 9 different pieces and castle square that must be occupied. (9x9, Cells: 81) By C. George Boeree.
- Mercurial Chess. A variant on 42 squares with a satallite board and the rescure of captured pieces. (6x6, Cells: 42) By Mark Hedden.
- Mercury. War on Mercury between many weird creatures. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Merger Chess. Pieces are merged into the capturing piece. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Mike Reeves-McMillan.
- Meridian Chess. Introducing the Meridian, bishop-capture combined with bifurcated bounce-move, on an H-board (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Mesmer Chess. Each player has a Mesmerist piece that can move opposing pieces it attacks. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Dan Troyka.
- Messenger Chess. A quick, dynamic variant. It adds one new piece, the Courier, which is necessary to win. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Flynn Leek.
- Meta Chess. Game where players decide how the pieces move and where they go. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Rich Hutnik.
- Metamachy. Large game with a variety of regular fairy pieces. Author: H. G. Muller. Inventor: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Metamorph Chess. Variant in which pieces transform by fixed rules into other pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Fergus Duniho.
- MetamorphaChess . Pieces represented by dice change to another type after having moved. Inventor: Robert Dubisch.
- Metamorphin' Assimilation Chess. A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Assimilation Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- Metamorphin' Fusion Chess. A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Fusion Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- Metapontum . Cooperative chessvariant on hexagonal board. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Hans Theo Frenkel.
- Metapontum Peace Chess. Metapontum Peace Chess cooperative chess game. By Francois Tremblay.
- mettamorphachess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Eric S. Clayton.
Total items listed: 28