Starts with the letter 'Mag'
- Mage. Rooks cannot be captured or capture, and the Queen is replaced by a Mage. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Oliver Xymoron.
- Magi . Variant on 10 by 10 board with new pieces. By Neal Meyer.
- Magician Chess . Variant on 7 by 7 board with nine holes and magician able to move holes. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Jonathon Whittle.
- Magician Chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Jonathon Whittle.
- Magna Carta Chess. lack has the FIDE array, White has a Marshal and an Archbishop instead of a Queen and King. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Magnetic Chess . Pieces that moved attract and repel pieces like magnets. Author: João Pedro Neto and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: João Pedro Neto and Claude Chaunier.
|6 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||1 'Large board' entry listed|
|2 'Small board' entries listed||1 'Each player has a different army' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6