Starts with the letter 'M'
- Mini Hexchess. McCooey's Hexagonal Chess on smaller board. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Dave McCooey.
- Mini Thunder Chess. A small-scale hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- Miniature Chess. The smallest variant in which every legal move can be made as in FIDE Chess. Author: Jason Shields. Inventor: Martin Gardner.
- Monkey King Chess. Monkey King fights Goblin King on 44 squares board in game with oriental influences. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Peter Gelman.
- More 10. Chessvariant on a board with 10 squares. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Motorotor. Play this small variant with a rotating board. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Gavin King.
|6 'Play by mail item' entries listed||6 'Small board' entries listed|
|1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed||1 'Board with hexagonal shaped cells' entry listed|
|1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6