Starts with the letter 'M'
- Mad Chess. Chess variant with unequal armies on 10 by 10 board. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- Magna Carta Chess. Black has the FIDE array, White has a Marshal and an Archbishop instead of a Queen and King. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Charles Gilman.
- The Maharaja and the Sepoys. Powerful lonely king against a full set of pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Mega-rajah and the Super-sepoys. Large-board version of Maharajah and Sepoys with new pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Meta Chess. Game where players decide how the pieces move and where they go. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Rich Hutnik.
- Monster Chess. One player has only a king and four pawns, but makes double moves. Author: David Regis.
- Monster Chess Variants. A Discussion of the value of Double-Move pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Ralph Betza.
|7 'Game' entries listed||2 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'From ancient times' entry listed||7 'Each player has a different army' entries listed|
Total items listed: 7