Starts with the letter 'L'
- Ladder Shogi. Shogi variant on 10 by 10 board where pieces climb the social ladder by multiple promotions. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Mason Green.
- Ladies and Generals. Missing description (6x9x6, Cells: 324) By Charles Gilman.
- Ladon Chess. Introducing the Ladon, a short-range piece that can repel any other piece, and also capture this way (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Ladorean Chess - Shaco Ladorean. Variation on Capablanca's Chess. (10x8, Cells: 80) Author: Bernhard U. Hermes. Inventor: Fergus Duniho.
- Laquear Chess. Introducing the Laquear, that captures like a bishop, but moves by the collision method (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Large Nahbi Chess. Missing description (10x12, Cells: 120) By Uri Bruck.
- Larger Wildeurasian variants. increasing the 2+2+1 piece groups from three to five or six. (12x12, Cells: 144) By Charles Gilman.
- Latrunculi XXI. A 21st century variant on an ancient Chess-like game of the Roman empire. (10x8, Cells: 80) By Jose Carrillo.
- Leaping/Missing Bat Chess. Large variant on a 16x12 board with many fairy pieces. (16x12, Cells: 192) By John Savard.
- Leto Chess. Introducing the Leto, a doubly telekinetic piece, very versatile (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Lilliputian Monochromatic Alice Chess. All pieces are colorbound, and switch boards rather than switching color. (6x7x2, Cells: 84) By Peter Aronson.
- Limited Ranged Guards Chess. A game with some limited queens/guards and tanks to shoot opponent. (10x10, Cells: 100) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Lions and Unicorns Chess. With the 16 standard pieces and 4 powerful leapers. (10x8, Cells: 80) By David Paulowich.
- Little Cheops. Large variant with extra rules governing game play. (9x9, Cells: 81) By B. Gregory Johnson.
- Locusts. Simple chess variant with only two set of pieces on each army. (12x12, Cells: 144) By Yu Ren Dong.
- Long Yang. Applying the Nearlydouble principle to a variant with Cannons. (11x16, Cells: 176) By Charles Gilman.
- Lubny Chess. 100 cell chess variant invented in 1972.
- Ludus Magus. Missing description (8x8x2, Cells: 145) By Larry L. Smith.
Total items listed: 18