Starts with the letter 'Ho'
- Hole Chess. Variant on a board of 44 squares with two holes that pieces can be dragged into. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Holy Grail. Extended chess game with ability to drop a mutating piece and a crown price that changes the winning conditions. By Charles Daniel.
- Hopper Chess (with Scorpions). Pieces standing before friendly pieces can jump over enemy Scorpion pawn and land directly behind it. By M Winther.
- Hopper-Chess. Pieces in front of friendly pieces can land immediately behind enemy pawns. By M Winther.
- Hopper-Elk Chess. Pieces can hop over an enemy pawn and land directly behind it. The Elk moves differently depending on square colour. By M Winther.
- Hostage Chess. Play this Chessgi-like game in which no pieces change sides. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: John Leslie.
- Hour Glass Chess. Small variant with simple pieces and hour glass shape. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- House of 10 Mirrors - H o M Variant. Reflective pieces from up to 10 mirrors add to offense and defense. By Gary K. Gifford.
- House of Mirrors Chess. Mirrors and reflective pieces add interesting twists to strategy by making pieces appear in 2 or 3 places at the same time. By Gary K. Gifford.
|9 'Play by mail item' entries listed||1 'Large board' entry listed|
|1 'Small board' entry listed||1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
Total items listed: 9