Starts with the letter 'G'
- Gala. Historical German variant from the Middle Ages. Author: Tony Quintanilla.
- Gorgona Chess. V. R. Parton's Gorgona paralyzes enemy pieces so they can't move (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Grand Cavalier Chess. Decimal variant with Cannons and Cavalier Chess pieces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Grand Chess. Decimal variant with Cardinals and Marshalls. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
- Grand Shatranj. Grand Shatranj.... extends the examination of short-range leapers by looking at another 2-square jumper and 2 short-range riders. By Joe Joyce.
- Grand Tamerlane Chess. Variation of Mideast Chess by John Davis. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: John Davis.
- Grand Warp Point Chess. Using normal chess pieces, plus two warp points, on a 10 x 10 board where pawns can take large initial steps. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jason Shields.
- Great Chess. An Indian/Turkish and very playable historic variant on a 10 by 10 board. Author: Fergus Duniho.
|8 'Play by mail item' entries listed||7 'Large board' entries listed|
|2 'From ancient times' entries listed|
Total items listed: 8