Starts with the letter 'El'
- Elbow Room. Usual set of pieces and eight additional pawns per player on 8 by 16 board. (16x8, Cells: 128) By David Short.
- Electrum Chess. All the Goldchess and Silverchess back-rank pieces in a single variant. (9x9, Cells: 81) By Charles Gilman.
- Elena Chess. Chess on 5 by 6 board. (5x6, Cells: 30) By Sergey Sirotkin.
- Elephant Hecatomb. Similar to Hecatomb Chess. (9x8, Cells: 72) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Elephant Hunt. Ituri Forest Pygmi traditional game with chess-like elements. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Freederick .
- Elevator. Three-dimensional chess variant with moving elevators and walking, vaulting and flying pieces. (8x8x4, Cells: 192) By Ben Good.
- Elevator Chess. Multiple boards with simultaneous games are linked through central elevator squares. By Ralph Betza.
- Elven Chess. 10x10 variant with 4 new pieces, of which one can double-capture. (10x10, Cells: 100) By H. G. Muller.
|8 'Game' entries listed||1 'Three dimensional' entry listed|
|4 'Large board' entries listed||1 'Small board' entry listed|
|1 'Three or more players' entry listed||2 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 8