Starts with the letter 'De'
- Dead Square . When pieces take, the square becomes impassible and all surrounding pieces disappear. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Jason Shields.
- Decima . Missing description By Michael Nelson.
- Deep Blue versus Kasparov. White and Black each have their own way of winning.
- Delayed Chess. Only see your opponent's moves that are two moves old. Author: Karl Scherer. Inventor: Peter Obermair.
- Delegating Chess . 84 square variant in which pieces delegate moving powers. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Delta88 Chess . Missing description By Graeme C Neatham.
- Demi Chess . Chess on a 4 by 8 board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Peter Krystufek.
- Demi-Chess . Chess on a 4 by 8 board. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Peter Krystufek.
- Demotion Chessgi . Chessgi variant limited to 32 turns by demotions and the removal of Pawns. By Fergus Duniho.
- Deneb . Special pieces and winning conditions. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Dervish Chess . Large variant with a great variety of pieces. By Benoit Dauphin.
- Descent Chess Zillions file. . Start with a King and two Pawns, then move or drop one of the remaining pieces. By Andreas Kaufmann.
- Desert Benedict Chess. A hybrid of Desert Chess by Uwe Wiedemann and Benedict Chess by W.D Troyka. By Rich Hutnik.
- Desertion Chess . When you move next to opposing pieces, they desert to your side; win by converting or capturing all opposing pieces. By Uwe Wiedemann.
|14 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||3 'Large board' entries listed|
|2 'Small board' entries listed||1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
|1 'Hidden information' entry listed||2 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 14