Starts with the letter 'De'
- Dead Ringers Chess. Double chess game with twin pieces that are captured simultaneously. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Deathmatch Chess. A longer Chess game. By LuigiMaster285 .
- Decima. Variant on 10 by 10 board where you win when you have 10 points on the 10th row. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Michael Nelson.
- Delegating Chess. 84 square variant in which pieces delegate moving powers. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Delta88 Chess. trigonal chess using an hexagonal-lattice board. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Deluxe Chess. http://hometown.aol.com/taurusgaming/index.html. By Stephen R. Stockman.
- Demi Chess. Weak short range pieces with less symmetry than some more familliar pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- The Demon Game. Larry Smith 10 x 10 game with extra Capablanca pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Larry L. Smith.
- The Demon Game. 10 x 10 game with extra Capablanca pieces. Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Larry L. Smith.
- Deneb. Now you can play Deneb on the Play-By-Mail system! Author: Roberto Lavieri and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Deneb Play-By-Mail game. Observe this game being played in the Invent and Play contest! Turn 4. Author: Roberto Lavieri and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Dervish Chess. Large variant with a great variety of pieces. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Benoit Dauphin.
- Descent Chess. Kaufmann's drop variant. Begins with only K + P + P. Recommendable! Author: M Winther. Inventor: Andreas Kaufmann.
- Desert Pub Chess. A game with Desert Ferz and Desert Wazirs which make muliple captures by jumping. By Gary K. Gifford.
|14 'Play by mail item' entries listed||1 'One dimensional' entry listed|
|6 'Large board' entries listed||1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
|3 'In a category all its own' entries listed||1 'Sold commercially' entry listed|
Total items listed: 14