Starts with the letter 'De'
- Dead Ringers Chess. Double chess game with twin pieces that are captured simultaneously. (8x8x2, Cells: 64) By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Decay Shogi. Pieces decay if held too long. (9x9, Cells: 81) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Deception Chess. Each piece has two identities, Cloak and concealed Base. By Greg Shanker.
- Decima. Variant on 10 by 10 board where you win when you have 10 points on the 10th row. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Michael Nelson.
- Decimaka. Game where pieces promote on making a capture. By H. G. Muller.
- Decimal Quadruple Besiege. Army based on Échecs De L'Escalier arranged on enlarged Quadruple Besiege board. (20x20, Cells: 200) By Charles Gilman.
- Delegating Chess. 84 square variant in which pieces delegate moving powers. (7x12, Cells: 84) By João Pedro Neto.
- Delirious Bughouse. Miscellaneous rules added to Bughouse. (8x8x2, Cells: 128) By Alberto Monteiro.
- Delta PI. Commercial chess variant with science fiction theme.
- Delta88 Chess. Chess on a Trigonal Board. (11x8, Cells: 88) By Graeme C Neatham.
- Demi chess. Chess on a 4 by 8 board. (4x8, Cells: 32) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Peter Krystufek.
- DemiChess. Most pieces have about half the strength as in normal chess. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- DemiChess Revisited. Updated information on DemiChess. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- DemiRifleChess. Rifle Chess where most pieces have about half the strength as in normal chess. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- The Demon Game. Missing description (10x10, Cells: 100) By Larry L. Smith.
- Demotion Chessgi. a Chessgi variant which is limited to 32 turns by demotions and the removal of Pawns. By Fergus Duniho.
- Deneb. Special pieces and winning conditions. (7x9, Cells: 63) By Roberto Lavieri.
- Deployment. The initial setup of the pieces is open but hidden from the other player. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ronald Drinning.
- Derick Peterson's Grand Hexachess. Large hexagonal chess variant. (Cells: 127) By Derick Peterson.
- Dervish Chess. Large variant with a great variety of pieces. (11x11, Cells: 121) By Benoit Dauphin.
- Descent Chess. Start with a King and two Pawns, then move or drop one of the remaining pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Andreas Kaufmann.
- Desert Oasis Chess. A large variant with 2 types of repeat jumpers, plus Knights, and Camels. (12x12, Cells: 144) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Desert Pub Chess. A game where Desert Wazirs & Desert Ferz capture by jumping. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Desertion Chess. When you move next to opposing pieces, they desert to your side; win by converting or capturing all opposing pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Destiny Chess. Each turn before you move, flip a coin to see if you switch pieces with your opponent. By Sergey Sirotkin.
Total items listed: 25