Starts with the letter 'D'
- Dabbabante Chess. Variant played on a 10x10 board with Super Dabbabah pieces. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Dai Dai Shogi. Extremely large Shogi variant invented in the 17th century. Author: Douglas Silfen and Eduard Werner.
- Decima . Missing description By Michael Nelson.
- Delegating Chess . 84 square variant in which pieces delegate moving powers. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Dervish Chess . Large variant with a great variety of pieces. By Benoit Dauphin.
- Diamond Chess 306. A large variant inspired by Tony Paletta's PARACHESS and Fergus Duniho's ASSIMILATION FUSION CHESS. By David Cannon.
- Divergent Chess . All pieces capture different than they move without capturing. By A.J. Winkelspecht.
- Double Chess . On 16 by 8 board. Author: Sean Christopher Duggan. Inventor: David Short.
- Double Diamond . Irregular board with diagonal orientation. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
- Double King Chess . With two kings on a 10 by 8 board. Author: Marek14 .
- DropSSShess . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Dual Chess . A more Chess-like variant featuring the Marshall and the Cardinal. By Antoine Fourrière.
- The Duel . Two hoppers eliminate squares as they go and compete against one another. By Namik Zade.
- The Duel II . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- The Duke of Rutland's Chess . Large variant from 18th century England. Author: Robert Price.
- Dunkeys . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Durerschess . Dürer's Chess is played on a tiling of tessellating pentagons and diamonds, first described by Albrecht Dürer in 1525. By David Cannon.
|17 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||17 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'Oriental' entry listed||2 'From ancient times' entries listed|
|4 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed||1 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 17