Starts with the letter 'C'
- Canopus . Most pieces movements are range-limited. The game play is violent and tense, but fluid. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Captain Spalding Chess . Find an Elephant in your Pajamas. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Chakra . Variant with fairy pieces and transmitters that can transport pieces. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
- Cheer Chess. All pieces are boosted by sideline Cheerers. By Ken Franklin.
- Chess on a Longer Board with a few Pieces Added . On a 10 row by 8 column board, with three new pieces. By David Howe.
- Chess with Cyclical Armies . Whenever a piece moves, it changes to another type of piece of vaguely similar value. By Peter Aronson.
- Chessgi . Captured units become yours to drop onto the board. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Clockwork Orange Chess . Captured pieces are replaced with non-capturing counterparts. By Fergus Duniho.
- Crazyhouse . A two-player version of Bughouse. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho.
- CrazyWar. CrazyWar is normal Crazyhouse with extra pieces. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Cuarenta . Played only of the light-colored squares of a 9 by 9 board. By Mark Thompson.
|11 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||1 'Large board' entry listed|
|11 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 11