Starts with the letter 'As'
- Ascending the Throne. When the king is lost, another piece becomes royal. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Terry H. Jones.
- Assassin Kriegspiel. Kriegspiel variant with unknown setups and special roles for knights and queen. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Hubert Philips.
- Assassination Chess. On a 10 by 10 board with teleporters and assassins. (10x10, Cells: 100) and Seth Blanchard. and Seth Blanchard.
- Assideum. Game on 8 by 8 board with differenly moving pieces. Author: Doug Garand.
- Assimilation Chess. Increase your material by assimilating your opponent's pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Fergus Duniho.
- Assimilation Fusion Chess. A hybrid of Assimilation Chess and Fusion Chess. Pieces combine and split apart. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Fergus Duniho.
- Asteryx Chess. Hexagonal chess played on an asterisk-shaped board. (Cells: 43) By David Jagger.
- Asylum Chess. 3 new unique pieces: fire-through rooks, double-capture knights, leaping bishops. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Charles Daniel.
- Asylum Redux. Two new pieces: dual path sliding Zebra + Bishop and a dual path sliding Camel + Rook. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Charles Daniel.
- Asymmetric Chess. Chess with alternative units but classical types and mechanics. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Dmitry Eskin.
Total items listed: 10