Starts with the letter 'Ab'
- Abalonian Chess. johnnyluken. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Johnny Luken.
- ABC Chess. A variant with 8 armies of pieces generated by combining 1, 2 or 3 simpler pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Jeff `Cavebear` Stroud.
- Abecedarian Big Chess (ABChess). Buy-your-own-army variant on a big board; 26 piece types. (11x11, Cells: 121) By Glenn Overby II.
- Aberg's variation of Capablanca's Chess. Different setup and castling rules. (10x8, Cells: 80) By Hans Aberg.
- Absolute checkless chess. No piece may cross a square where it gives check. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Absorption Chess. Pieces gain the powers of a piece they take. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Michiel de Bondt.
- Abstract Chess. Pieces are represented by stacks of different heights. By João Pedro Neto.
|7 'Game' entries listed||2 'Large board' entries listed|
|2 'In a category all its own' entries listed||2 'Each player has a different army' entries listed|
Total items listed: 7