Starts with the letter 'A'
- A9 HexaChess Zillions Zip . Missing description By Graeme C Neatham.
- Abagoren Macedonian Chess . Missing description By Malcolm Webb.
- Achernar . ACHERNAR is a mix of the game ALTAIR and Western Chess. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Ajax Chess . Missing description By Jose Carrillo.
- Al-ces . Variant on 10 by 10 board with 30 pieces per player. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Köksal Karakus.
- Alekhine Chess. Named in honor of Alexander Alekhine, World Chess Champion 1927-1935, 1937-1946. By Michael Wortley Nolan.
- All in 1 . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Altair. Altair is a modern game with an oriental flavor. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Ambi-Chess . Large board with two kings, move a member of each of two armies each turn. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- American Chess. Large variant. Remove Generals from center columns to win. By Andy Thomas.
- Antarctic Chess or Predators and Penguins . Missing description By Graeme C Neatham.
- Arabian Nights Chess . Large modern variant of historic Shatranj, with more pieces and flying carpets. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Timothy R. Newton.
- Asylum Chess . Includes new game that features dual path compound pieces: the Loony Snake Rook and the Insane Snake Bishop. By Charles Daniel.
- Asylum Redux . Introducing the Loony Snake Rook and Insane Snake Bishop. Also starring the dangerous and superfast Ninja Pawns! By Charles Daniel.
- AtTENdance Chess . Missing description By Erez Schatz.
- Australian Football Chess. Game based on Australian Rules Football and Chess. By Robert Winkel.
- AvantGarde Chess . A font-named variant that adds a Centaur and a Man to the standard setup. By Peter Aronson.
- Azchess . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Azchessimp . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Azsymchess . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Azsymchess1024 . Missing description By Namik Zade.
Total items listed: 21