Starts with the letter 'A'
- A9 HexaChess Courier Preset. Missing description By Graeme C Neatham.
- Aberg's variation of Capablanca's Chess. Play this variation on the Play-by-Email system! Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Hans Aberg.
- Achernar. ACHERNAR is a mix of the game ALTAIR and Western Chess. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Advanced wizard chess. Missing description By Daniil Frolov.
- Agincourt. Decimal variant with Archers. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Charles W. Stinson.
- Airplane Chess. R. W. Schmittberger's Airplane Chess on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Ajax Falcon Chess. Ajax Chess on a 10x8 board with two Ajax Falcon drops. By Jose Carrillo.
- Al-Ces. Variant on 10 by 10 board with 30 pieces per player. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Köksal Karakus.
- Alekhine Chess. A 14 x 8 game expands the sides of Capablanca-esque board, adds two pairs of marshalls and cardinals and an amazon in the middle. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Michael Wortley Nolan.
- Aliens Vs Predators. Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Altair. Altair is a modern game with an oriental flavor. Author: Antoine Fourrière and Roberto Lavieri. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Amazon Grand Chess. A combination of Grand Chess and Amazon Chess. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Namik Zade.
- Amazons. Queens fire arrows to make squares unpassable. Last player that moves wins. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Walter Zamkauskas.
- Arabian Nights Chess. Paul Newton's game on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Timothy R. Newton.
- Archchess. Late 17th chess variant from Italy on large board with pieces which include modern queen and squirrel. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Dr. Francesco Piacenza.
- Asylum Chess. Fire-through rooks, mad leaping (camel-move) bishops and double-capture insane ninja knights with lion-like powers. By Charles Daniel.
- Asylum Redux. Featuring dual path Zebra / Camel crooked sliders compounded with Bishop / Rook. By Charles Daniel.
- Atlantean Barroom Shatranj. The most ambitious in a series of new games Joe Joyce is introducing with powerful short range compound double jumpers. By Joe Joyce.
- AVP Episode 2. Very creative and fun contemporaneous take on Maharaja Chess. By Namik Zade.
- Azchess. Adds cannons to Az Chess and reverses the positions of some of the pieces to maximize pawn protection. By Namik Zade.
Total items listed: 20