- Chess Battle . Military-themed Chess variant on a large board, invented in the Soviet Union in 1933. Author: Roger Norling. Inventor: A. S. Yurgelevich.
- Operational Chess. Wargame inspired variant played on a wide board. By Andy Thomas.
- Operational Chess 2. Large, wargame inspired variant with ranged pieces. By Andy Thomas.
- Straights . Chess-like Naval Battle game from the end of the 19th Century. Author: Young-Hyun Joo. Inventor: Anne Marriot Watson.
- Unconventional Warfare Chess . Variant based on modern warfare. Author: Dan Troyka. Inventor: Luiz Carlos Campos.
|6 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||5 'Large board' entries listed|
|6 'War game' entries listed||1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
|1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6