- Brigadier Chess. Introducing the powerful Brigadier piece on a 68-square Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Building chess. Add a square after every move. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi and Sergey Sirotkin.
- Commodore Chess. Featuring the Commodore piece (also called Leo) on a Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Fusion Diamond 41. A Fusion Chess variant played on a diamond shaped board of 41 squares. By Fergus Duniho.
- Gustav III's Chess. Invented by King Gustav III of Sweden (1746-92). Author: M Winther. Inventor: King Gustav III of Sweden.
- Gustavian Camelrider Chess. Camelriders and regular pieces on a Gustavian (68squares) board. By M Winther.
- Gustavian Cannonrider Chess. Cannonriders and regular pieces on a Gustavian (68 squares) board. Cannonriders move differently depending on square colour. By M Winther.
- Gustavian-Camelrider Chess (with Scorpions). Camelriders and Scorpions on a 68 square Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Motorotor. Play this small variant with a rotating board. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Gavin King.
- Shatra. Old game from the Altai from Russia, on special shaped board with draughts-like capture. Author: Fergus Duniho.
|10 'Play by mail item' entries listed||3 'Large board' entries listed|
|3 'Small board' entries listed||2 'From ancient times' entries listed|
|10 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed||10 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 10