- Archchess. Late 17th chess variant from Italy on large board with pieces which include modern queen and squirrel. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Dr. Francesco Piacenza.
- The Duke of Rutland's Chess. Missing description Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: John Third Duke of Rutland.
- Gala. Historical German variant from the Middle Ages. Author: Tony Quintanilla.
- Grande Acedrex. Missing description Author: Daniil Frolov.
- Great Chess. An Indian/Turkish and very playable historic variant on a 10 by 10 board. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Tenjiku Shogi. Four hundred year old, large, historical variant of Shogi. Author: Adam DeWitt.
- Turkish Great Chess, variation II. Gollon's large historical variant. Author: Tony Quintanilla and John Ayer.
- Turkish Great Chess, variation III. John Gollon's third out of six variations on Great Chess. Author: Tony Quintanilla.
- Turkish Great Chess, variation IV. Play this variation of Great Chess by e-mail! Author: Tony Quintanilla and John Ayer.
|12 'Play by mail item' entries listed||12 'Large board' entries listed|
|2 'Oriental' entries listed||12 'From ancient times' entries listed|
|1 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 12