- Almost chess. One queen has combined rook and knight moves. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Augmented Different Knights. Knights receive different additional movement possibilities. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- The Black Ghost. Black gets a teleporting Ghost piece that can not capture to balance White's first move advantage. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- Chameleon Chess Redux. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Adam Goss.
- Chigorin Chess. White has knights instead of bishops and a chancellor for his queen; black has bishops instead of knights. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- csipgs Chess. Design and buy new chess pieces during play. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- Magna Carta Chess. Black has the FIDE array, White has a Marshal and an Archbishop instead of a Queen and King. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Charles Gilman.
- Meta Chess. Game where players decide how the pieces move and where they go. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Rich Hutnik.
- Monster Chess Variants. A Discussion of the value of Double-Move pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Ralph Betza.
- Sixteen Pawns. Trade a queen for 8 extra pawn. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Ralph Betza. Inventor: M. de Kemur.
- StrataChess v1.0. separate Strategic and Tactical gameplay. 2-6 players. Element of Chance. Terrain. Build your own armies. By Prussia General.
- Weak!. Black has 7 knights, and 16 pawns, White the usual array. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Ralph Betza.
Total items listed: 14