- Chess - The Speed Game. Chess on a 5 by 6 board. (5x6, Cells: 30) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: ? denOude.
- FlipFlop. A minimalistic Chess-like game with only one type of piece. Author: Ola Sassersson. Inventor: Masahiro Nakajima.
- Hexes Chess . Link: Hexagonal Chess in 54 hexes, using orthodox pieces. Includes enhanced Pawn movement and castling. The board is elongated.&. By Mike Layfield.
- Kaos: The Game . Multiplayer game on a 7x7 board. By Robert Peeples.
- Kings and Pawns. Proprietary game on 8 by 7 board with two types of pieces and no capturing. (7x8, Cells: 56) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Onitama. Cards decide how pieces move, perfect information with no chance beyond setup. Author: Mikk . Inventor: Shimpei Sato.
- Quick Chess. Chess on a 5 by 6 board. (5x6, Cells: 30) Author: Richard Sullivan. Inventor: Joe Miccio.
- Tic-Tac-check. Get four chesspieces in a row on a 4 by 4 board. (4x4, Cells: 16) Author: Daniel Thibault and Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Don Green.
- Tishai. Played on a 7x7 board with 2 sideboards. (7x7, Cells: 49) By James Ernest.
|9 'Game' entries listed||9 'Small board' entries listed|
|1 'Three or more players' entry listed||1 'Uses cards' entry listed|
|1 'Board with hexagonal shaped cells' entry listed||9 'Sold commercially' entries listed|
Total items listed: 9