- Beyond Chess (tm). Commercial variant with dynamic board. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: David Howe. Inventor: David Crockett.
- Chess for Three. Traditional pieces, three players, on a triangular board. By James Killian Spratt.
- Chess for Three. Three-player Chess with standard pieces and moves. Inventor: Jacek Filek.
- Choiss. First place your squares, then your pawns, then your pieces, then move. Author: Ben M Reiniger. Inventor: Peter A. Victor.
- Cross Chess. Game played on a cross-shaped board. (Cells: 64) Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Leigh Miller and N. Maddox.
- Dragon Chess (tm). Commercial board game played on a large board with a new piece -- the Dragon. By Lex Parker.
- Partner Chess . Commercial two and four-player variant on smaller cross-shaped board.
- Tile Chess . Commercial chess variant, published by Steve Jackson Games. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Zonal Chess. Board has special `zones' at both sides. Commercial game of 1970's. (Cells: 104) Author: Lawrence C. Smith.
|11 'Game' entries listed||1 'Large board' entry listed|
|2 'Three or more players' entries listed||1 'Uses cards' entry listed|
|11 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed||1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
|11 'Sold commercially' entries listed|
Total items listed: 11