- Colour Chess and Lure. Chess Variant where the board is different every time you play, and you can control what pieces your opponent can move next. By Chad W Smith.
- Consider the Bishop.... A Game of Curiosity and Etiquette. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Famicom PPU Chess. Game inspired by limitation of Famicom PPU. (10x10, Cells: 80) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Granlem Shatranj. This is a mash-up of Grand Shatranj & Lemurian Shatranj with a 3 moves/player turn option. By Joe Joyce.
- Joust Chess. Rotating pieces, long range movement, adjacent capture, both in one turn using different directions. By Jeff Cornell.
- Lifeform Chess. Instead of individual units, pieces are parts of the body of a giant animal. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Meirav. Pieces are buried before they are captured, buried pieces may capture other buried pieces. (8x8x2, Cells: 128) By כהן דותן.
- Musketeer Chess. Adding 2 newly designed extra pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Zied Haddad.
- Mutatis Mutandis. Astonishing variant featuring 22 different changelings at random setups. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Carlos Cetina.
- Pawns in Hats. Pawns put on hats to gain powers. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- PentaPlay. Chess on a board of regular Pentagons. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Turnover. Three ring sizes fit into each other, combining and splitting into different pieces, sometimes taking over your opponent's. By Lúcio José Patrocínio Filho.
- Vavulin Creative Chess. Before the start of the game, every player, creates up with one rule for both players, which operates the whole game. By Dmitrii Vavulin.
|13 'Game' entries listed||1 'Three dimensional' entry listed|
|1 'Large board' entry listed||1 'Three or more players' entry listed|
|1 'Uses dice' entry listed||13 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
|1 'Sold commercially' entry listed|
Total items listed: 13