- Cellular Chess. Play Cellular Chess at Game Courier. By Carlos Cetina.
- Critters: Chesimals III. Chesimals redesigned. By Joe Joyce.
- Elven Chess. Chu Shogi Lion, Dragon Horse, Dragon King, Guard on Grand Chess type setup. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: H. G. Muller.
- Grand Tamerlane Chess. Variation of Mideast Chess by John Davis. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: John Davis.
- Heroes Hex Chess version 2. Hexagonal Chess with new movement rules on a "standard" 91 hex board. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Hexcetran Chess. Play Hexcetran Chess at Game Courier. By Carlos Cetina.
- Mighty Lion Chess. Orthodox Western Chess but with one knight replaced by Chu Shogi Lion. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: H. G. Muller.
- Musketeer Chess. A game that adds extra pieces to Chess, playable online with Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Zied Haddad.
- Sac Chess. Play classical chess along with classical compound pieces: amazons, chancellors, archbishops... Author: Carlos Cetina. Inventor: Kevin Pacey.
- A Tale of Two Countries. This is a small diceless wargame. By Joe Joyce.
- Throne Chess. Same game as chess, except playing K to K8 wins by Thronemate, too. By Kevin Pacey.
|11 'Play by mail item' entries listed||6 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'War game' entry listed||2 'Board with hexagonal shaped cells' entries listed|
|1 'Sold commercially' entry listed|
Total items listed: 11