- Catalonia. Cooperative variant where the players are trying to form chains while the board is getting bombarded. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Francois Tremblay.
- Cetran Chess 2. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Carlos Cetina.
- Chameleon Chess Redux. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Adam Goss.
- Crooked Chess. Chess variant with pieces inspired by the Sissa piece. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Diamond Chess 306. Missing description (22x24, Cells: 306) By David Cannon.
- DUAL RING Tournament Format. Tournament format for handling uneven number of players. By Rich Hutnik.
- Eurasian Pawn piece. A hybrid European and Asian Pawn. By Rich Hutnik.
- Execute the Game. Pieces have unique abilities and uses dice-based combat. By Davey W Drehs.
- Extreme 2D Chess. Missing description (10x10, Cells: 100) By Larry L. Smith.
- Ganeshan Chess. Introducing a new Elephant piece known as (the) Ganapati. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Simon Edward Jepps.
- Kibitzing Vox Populi Chess variant. Rules for turning kibitzing into a game unto itself. By Rich Hutnik.
- King of the Ladder Tournament Rules. Ideas for rules to mix variants together in one game. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Rich Hutnik.
- Multiple Formations. A proposal to add a set of formations to Chess. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Rich Hutnik.
- Peg Chess. A terrain-based chess variant. (8x8, Cells: 64) By John Smith.
- Protomorphic-Chess. Start with only kings (and pawns), pieces change to different type after move. (8x8, Cells: 64) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Shock Troops . Make a regular move or drop one of two pieces into a vacant space in the back rank. By Charles Daniel.
- Shock Troops. System of chess with standard board and pieces, but with new leaping pieces entering during play. By Charles Daniel.
- Shock Troops. The usual chess until the War Knight, Elephant Knight and Ninja Pawns enter the game. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Charles Daniel.
- Skidoo Chess. Pieces can "skidoo" into an interior board. (8x8x2, Cells: 128) By John Smith.
- Spherical Guard Chess. Hiashatar (Mongol Grand Chess) on a spherical board. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Graeme C Neatham.
- Spherical Guard Chess . Play with either the single-board or dual-board sphere projection . By Graeme C Neatham.
- Suction Chess. Pieces swap places instead of being removed from the board, resulting in very different strategy. By Nathaniel Virgo.
- TaflChess. A mix of FIDE chess and the old European game Tafl. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Rich Hutnik.
- Trissa. A Rococo-inspired hexagonal variant for three players with an unusual flavor. (10x10, Cells: 55) By John Smith.
Total items listed: 28