- 2 Queen Rocky Horror Lycanthropic Chess. Featuring pieces with Dissociative Identity Disorder. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- 3D Great Shatranj. a simple approach to 3D chess. By Joe Joyce.
- Accessory Chess (with Divaricator). Drop chess with external piece. The Divaricator can capture by withdrawing in an oblique angle (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Adjutant Chess. Regular chess with extended castling, and extra corner squares. Makes new strategies possible (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Adjutant Chess (with Adjutants). The Adjutant, besides sliding on the diagnals, can slide on the orthogonals by ignoring the other colour (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Ajax Falcon Chess. Ajax Chess on a 10x8 board with two Ajax Falcon drops. By Jose Carrillo.
- Ajax Orthodox Chess. Orthodox Chess with Ajax-Chessmen, and droping Ajax-Ministers. By Jose Carrillo.
- All pieces of classic chesses. Missing description By Daniil Frolov.
- Alpaca Chess. An Alpaca, worth two pawns, is added to the standard piece context (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Anemic Chess. Rule-Enforcing Preset for Jaguaribe's short-range variant. Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Claudio Martins Jaguaribe.
- Asylum Redux. Featuring dual path Zebra / Camel crooked sliders compounded with Bishop / Rook. By Charles Daniel.
- Atlantean Coffee House Shatranj. Grand Shatranj on a Hex board. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Battle Room Chess. Win by getting four of your pieces in or around your enemy's gate. By John Smith.
- Burmese Chess. Sittuyin preset uses a mix of equivalent pieces from Alfaerie Set. By Charles Daniel.
- Cardinal Chess. Just like the usual Western contemporary, only replacing Mad Queen with Bishop Knight compound. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Vitya Makov.
- Carnage. Combines Rococo type gameplay with Chess on a large board with augmented knights and ninja pawn drops. By Charles Daniel.
- Castle Chess. As Fide-chess, but with extended castle: the king may jump three squares (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Cetran Chess 2. Missing description By Carlos Cetina.
- Chess 25 (Fischer Placement Chess). Swap king and/or queen before play begins. Follows FRC rules (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess vs checkers. Missing description By Daniil Frolov.
- Chess with Extended Castle. Standard chess with extended castle rule, effectuating greater opening variance (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess100. Piece positions are modestly randomized according to Arrangement Chess rules, castling is retained (+ zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess400. Piece setup is randomized according to Configuration Chess rules, producing 400 modest, mostly non-mirrored, positions (+ zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess484. Before play, certain pieces are regrouped, creating natural positions. Castling is retained (+ zrf). By M Winther.
- Chess64. The piece array is moderately randomized according to Relocation Chess rules, castling is retained. By M Winther.
- Chinese court. Missing description By Daniil Frolov.
- Colossus. 10x10 chess with 4 Rooks, 4 Knights, 4 Bishops, 10 Pawns, 1 Queen and 1 King! Author: Charles Daniel and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Charles Daniel.
- Configuration Chess. King and queen swap with other pieces before play begins - enormous variety! (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Crooked Chess. Chess variant with pieces inspired by the Sissa piece. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Cube Shogi. Shogi with cube-shaped pieces. By John Smith.
- Culverin Chess. The Culverin is a cannon that can move like a king but must jump to capture (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Directed Alice Chess III. 3-board Alice. By Joe Joyce.
- Displacement Chess 2. Chess with flexible castling, reverse symmetry and no opening theory. By Charles Daniel.
- Extrapawn Chess. Standard chess with one extra pawn per player in the reserve (with zrf). By M Winther.
- GraTiA. Preset for GraTiA, a blend of two historic variants. Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Gross Chess. Play this 144 square variant online with Game Courier. By Fergus Duniho.
- Gustavian-Cannon Chess. The Swedish Cannon moves like a Korean Cannon, but can move like a rook if it cannot jump (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Hadean Chess. Large chess with 12 pawns, 10 Ninja Pawns, 4 short-range linear jumpers, and Wazir/Ferz Zebra and Knight compounds. By Charles Daniel.
- Henry VIII Chess Preset. This is the preset for Henry VIII Chess (unique take on Extinction Chess). Author: Rich Hutnik.
- Herculean Chess. Large board chess with augmented versions of Bishops, Rooks, Zebras, Knights and pawns. By Charles Daniel.
- Hex Dragonal Chess. horizontal hex-rows and 4 defined directions of movement. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Hexagonal Chess with Hexagonalers. Missing description By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Hexajedrez. Variant of Dave McCooey's Hexagonal Chess. By Carlos Cetina.
- Holy Grail. Extended chess game with ability to drop a mutating piece and a crown price that changes the winning conditions. By Charles Daniel.
- Hunt Chess. Huntsman Chess and Groundskeeper Chess. Author: John Smith. Inventor: Yu Ren Dong and John Smith.
- Indistinguishable Chess. All pawns and pieces appear the same in color and size, for both sides. The board has no 'dark' squares. By Gary K. Gifford.
- King to Bunker Leap. Play this exciting version of Pre-Chess using new king safety rules. By Charles Daniel.
- King's Guard Chess. Missing description By Graeme C Neatham.
- Maces and Horse-apults. Similar to chess, but on a 10 x 10 board and the addition of Maces and Horse-apults. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Maces, Horse-apults, and Tulpas. Maces and Horse-apults with user-created Tulpa pieces. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Maces, Shields, and Horse-apults. Like Maces and Horse-apults, but pawns are protected from Mace capture. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Mad Queen Shogi. Play this new Chess/Shogi hybrid on Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Larry L. Smith.
- Maorider Chess. Missing description By Vitya Makov.
- Modern Capablanca Random Chess. Missing description By Jose Carrillo.
- Modern drunk elephant shogi. Missing description By Daniil Frolov.
- Modern Makruk. A fusion of Modern Chess and Makruk. By John Smith.
- Modern Random Chess. Missing description By Jose Carrillo.
- MRC64. Modern Random Chess 64. By Jose Carrillo.
- Naydorian Chess. an hexagonal variant from the fictional realm of Shadowgard. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Nonary Chess. King or queen are optionally swapped with a bishop before play begins (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Octopus Chess. Featuring the Sorcerer Snake, the Ninja Pawn, the Wazir Knight, the Ferz Knight and the Octopus. By Charles Daniel.
- Omega Transplant. The Champion and Wizard from Omega Chess are transplanted to the board system and rules used for Birds and Ninjas. By Charles Daniel.
- Pawn Eaters. Win by capturing 8 pawns. Uses Shamanic Rooks, Pawn Eaters, Old Y Mover Elephants, and traditional Knights. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Pick the Piece Big Chess. Players can choose to play with Gryphon, anti-Gryphon, SuperCannon, Flying Bomber, Ninja Pawns and many other diverse pieces. By Charles Daniel.
- Pillage. Featuring the Super Pawn: a powerful short-range piece with promotional capabilities. By Charles Daniel.
- Placement Chess. King and queen are swapped before play begins, generating FRC subset (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Placement Random Chess (Chess 20). The piece setup is randomized following Placement Chess rules, generating 20 modest Fischer Random positions. By M Winther.
- Prime Ministers Random Chess. Missing description By Jose Carrillo.
- Pseudo-Modern Random Chess. Missing description By Jose Carrillo.
- Reformed Chess. Pawn can swap with an enemy piece located on the last rank, except king. Thusly, many more won endgames (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Regement Random Chess. The Secutor is a bifurcation piece that must bounce in order to capture (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Regiment Chess. Black determines king position, white can swap the queen before play begins (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Regiment Random Chess. The Secutor is a bifurcation piece that must bounce in order to capture (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Relocation Chess. Swap a pair of your own pieces before you begin. With Fischer Random castling rules. By M Winther.
- Rennaissance Chess II. Missing description By Matthew La Vallee.
- Revised Chess. A revision of Fide-chess: a pawn on the seventh rank can also capture forwards. Makes chess much less drawish (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Royal Rumble. A 6 board all-out melee with random pieces, royals and starting positions. By Nick Wolff.
- Secutor Chess. The Secutor is a bifurcation piece that must collide and deviate in order to capture (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Shock Troops. System of chess with standard board and pieces, but with new leaping pieces entering during play. By Charles Daniel.
- Simpleton's Chess Preset. This is an even simplier version of Simplified Chess. By Rich Hutnik.
- Sorcerer Chess. Big board chess featuring the Sorcerer (Zebra compund) and the Conjurer (Camel compound). By Charles Daniel.
- Squirrel Chess. Adapted from Squirrels and Camels Chess and reintroducing a unique old piece with zone of influence. By Vitya Makov.
- Stealth Ninja Chess. Features a Drop Zone and diverse pieces such as Ninja Guards, Ninja Warriors, Stealth Gryphon, Anti-Gryphon, and Ninja Pawns. By Charles Daniel.
- Super Knights Chess 2. The Archbishop and Chancellor are complimented by a Ferz Knight, a Wazir Knight and Ninja Pawns. By Charles Daniel.
- Third runner. Missing description By Daniil Frolov.
- Titan Chess. In which, a new class of pieces such as Quad Bomber, Flying Bomber, and Raptor possess a unique fly-over capturing mechanism. By Charles Daniel.
- Turret Chess. The Turret catapult can sling any piece above its head, and let it land on an enemy piece (+ zrf). By M Winther.
- Universal Chess. http://www.chessvariants.org/index/msdisplay.php?itemid=MSuniversalchess. By Carlos Cetina.
- Venomous. Play this new large board system of chess with the Sissa, Sorcerer Snake and Ninja pawns. By Charles Daniel.
- Wild Kingdom Chess. Missing description By Nick Wolff.
- Wormhole Xiang Qi. A small Xiang Qi variant with two special spaces. By John Smith.
- Wreckage!. Introducing the dual mode Flying Guillotine, the Detonator that destroys adjacent pieces, and the advancer / withdrawer Dragon. By Charles Daniel.
- Xiang Hex. Play this hexagonal adaptation of Chinese Chess on Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Larry L. Smith.
- Zeppelin Chess. The Zeppelin flies directly to any empty square orthogonally, captures piece before landing square (+zrf). By M Winther.
- ZigZag Madness. Introducing the 2-path bent riders: the ZigZag Bishop and ZigZag Rook. By Charles Daniel.
Total items listed: 95