- Bluff Chess. Players moving their pieces into danger may risk losing the game. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Robbie Manson.
- Card Bet Chess. Betting chess with cards telling you which moves are OK. (8x8, Cells: 64) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Chess Plus Plus Deck. Chess with special cards. Free!! By James Hutchings.
- Conditional Quantum Chess. You may move to two squares each turn, but only one is a real move. (8x8, Cells: 64) By John Smith.
- Crazyhouse Kriegspiel. Combines Crazyhouse with Kriegspiel. (8x8, Cells: 64) By David Dana-Bashian.
- Delayed Chess. Only see your opponent's moves that are two moves old. Author: Karl Scherer. Inventor: Peter Obermair.
- Invisible King Chess. Opponent can't see where you moved your king to. (8x8, Cells: 64) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Kriegspiel Referee. Program that serves as a Kriegspiel referee. Author: Mac . Inventor: Henry Michael Temple.
- Kriegspiel Zillions v 2.0 file . Zillions file to play Kriegspiel against the computer. The human player's pieces are not hidden. By Andreas Kaufmann.
- Lag Chess. The last move made by your opponent is not known to you. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- Strate-Go Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By John Kipling Lewis.
- Sun Tzu Chess. Limited information chess inspired by Chinese Chess. (8x8, Cells: 64) By John Kipling Lewis.
- TelnChes. Some games played by program TelnChes. (8x8, Cells: 64) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Touring Chess. Pieces can either move normally or leap on a Knight's tour only known in advance to the referee. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- Verve. A real-time, hidden information, chess variant for playing online! By David Potter.
- Verve Chess: Attacking with VERVE: Chess for the digital age. An interview with the inventor of Verve Chess. and David Potter. Inventor: David Potter.
Total items listed: 22