- Connect Shoot Kill. A mix of dots and boxes with chess pieces.
- Jumping Chess. Pieces capture by jumping. Board has extra edge squares making it 10x10. By Peter Aronson.
- Martian Chess. Two or four player strategic game with chess elements played with Looney piramids. (4x8, Cells: 32) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Andrew Looney.
- Tandem-84. Jim Aikin's Tandem-84 on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
- Two Pronged Chess. 2 "simultaneous" moves per turn with separate pieces. By John Whelan.
- Zebulon. German commercial game with bluffing with chess pieces and connection forming. (7x7) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Herbert Schuetzdeller.
Total items listed: 7