Query Results for
SELECT * FROM `IndexEntry` LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE `Type` = 'PBM' AND `YearInvented` >= '1971' AND `YearInvented` <= '1981' AND `IsHidden` = 0 AND `Item`.`IsDeleted` = 0 AND `Language` = 'English' ORDER BY `LinkText` ASC LIMIT 500 OFFSET 0
- 4 x 4 x 8 Tridimensional Chess. Clever 3-D variant, closer to Raumschach, but according to Gilman, solves some of Raumschach's design flaws. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Alberto Monteiro and Silvio Levy.
- Airplane Chess. R. W. Schmittberger's Airplane Chess on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Avalanche Chess. A popular chess variant, where you advance your opponents pawns. (Recognized!) Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Balbo's Chess. Board with a strange shape designed to make Bishops stronger in relation to Rooks. Author: Gary K. Gifford. Inventor: M G Balbo.
- Balbo's Chess 2. Balbos Chess 2. Author: wdtr2. Inventor: M G Balbo.
- Big Board Chess. Play Big Board Chess online with Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Alfred Schönfelder.
- Corridor Chess. FIDE but subtracting rook pawns and setting pieces up in house in middle. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- Knight-Relay Chess. Uncapturable Knights give other pieces the ability to move as Knights. By Carlos Cetina.
- Knightmate. Play Knightmate, where you win by mating the Knight. Author: Greg Strong.
- Mideast Chess. Cavalier (as Aanca-Gryphon) with Courtier (as zebras), castles (squirrels) and chevaliers (camels) with FIDE pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: John Mantle Green.
- Mimotaur Chess. Missing description Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Nadvorney's Spherical Chess. Play Nadnorney's adaptation of Chess to a spherical board on Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Leo Nadvorney.
- Tutti-Frutti Chess. With bishop-knight, knight-rook, queen-knight and the usual pieces on an 8 by 8 board. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Ralph Betza and Philip M. Cohen.
- Yapsan's Spherical Chess. Play this early adaptation of Chess to a spherical board on Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Peter Yapsan.