- Elephant (Xiangqi). Moves two squares diagonally (non-jumping).
- Gold General. Shogi piece that moves one square but not diagonally backwards. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Jeweled General. Shogi King. Royal piece moving one in arbitrary direction. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Fergus Duniho.
- Lance. Moves one or more squares straight forward. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Lion. Powerful piece from Shogi variant.
- Pao. Moves like rook, but must jump when taking. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Pawn (Xiangqi). Moves and captures one square straight forward.
- Silver General. Shogi piece that moves one square diagonally, or forward. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
|11 'Piececlopedia entry' entries listed||1 'Orthodox chess' entry listed|
|11 'Oriental' entries listed||1 'From ancient times' entry listed|
|4 'Xiangqi, or Xiangqi-based' entries listed||7 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entries listed|
Total items listed: 11