- Arabian Nights Chess. Paul Newton's game on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Timothy R. Newton.
- Brigadier Chess. Introducing the powerful Brigadier piece on a 68-square Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Building chess. Add a square after every move. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi and Sergey Sirotkin.
- Commodore Chess. Featuring the Commodore piece (also called Leo) on a Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Dual Chess. A more Chess-like variant featuring the Marshall and the Cardinal. By Antoine Fourrière.
- Templar Chess. Play Templar Chess on Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
|7 'Play by mail item' entries listed||7 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'Small board' entry listed||7 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed|
|3 'In a category all its own' entries listed||1 'Chess combined with some other game or sport' entry listed|
Total items listed: 7