- Brigadier Chess. Introducing the powerful Brigadier piece on a 68-square Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Building chess. Add a square after every move. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi and Sergey Sirotkin.
- Chieftain Chess. Large variant using 4 royal pieces with command control, multi-piece moves and pieces that may shift direction as they move. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Joe Joyce.
- Commodore Chess. Featuring the Commodore piece (also called Leo) on a Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Double EIGHTEEN-STONE chess. David Short combines his Double Chess with Jim Aikin's Eight-Stone Chess. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: David Short.
- Joe Joyce Hyperchess. Easy to play 3D Chess variant where pieces can act on small board or large board. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Joe Joyce.
- Rococo. A clear, aggressive Ultima variant on a 10x10 ring board (includes mirror array and Push-Pullyu variants). Author: Peter Aronson and Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Peter Aronson and David Howe.
- Shatranj of Troy. A Shatranj variant with Shogi-like drops, a Trojan Horse (with 6 pieces inside). By Gary K. Gifford.
- Tenjiku Shogi. Four hundred year old, large, historical variant of Shogi. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good.
|9 'Play by mail item' entries listed||1 'Three dimensional' entry listed|
|9 'Large board' entries listed||1 'Small board' entry listed|
|1 'War game' entry listed||3 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed|
|9 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 9