- Chess - The Speed Game . Chess on a 5 by 6 board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: ? denOude.
- Cross Chess . Game played on a cross-shaped board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Leigh Miller.
- Hexes Chess . Hexes Chess requires fewer chess pieces and a smaller board than conventional chess, but increases the mobility of each piece. Author: Mike Layfield and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Mike Layfield.
- Kings and Pawns . Proprietary game on 8 by 7 board with two types of pieces and no capturing. Author: Peter Aronson.
- Ninny chess . Produced and sold in the early 70's by Parker Brothers. Arrows on squares determine direction pieces can move. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Quantum Chess . Commercial variant with new pieces on 10 by 10 and 12 by 12 boards. Author: Robert Price.
- Renezan's Chess . Proprietary game, Bi Triad, 1993. Inspired by Wildebeest Chess. Author: Yu Ren Dong. Inventor: BiTriad.
- Roman Chess . Commercial chess variant on 10x10 board with two non-royal kings added. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Mark Woodall.
- Smess . Produced and sold in the early 70's by Parker Brothers. Arrows on squares determine direction pieces can move. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Super Chess III . Big proprietary game with archers and cyclopses. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Ed Ginsberg.
Total items listed: 13