- Battle Chieftain Chess . Warriors and a king fight on a board with walls and holes. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Craig Daniel.
- Beastmaster Chess . Large chess variant with a fantasy theme, emphasizing leaping pieces. By Glenn Overby II.
- BigBangChess . Chess with an expanding and contracting board. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Black Hole Chess . Variant on board with 100 squares with hole in middle of board, combination pieces and hiding squares for kings. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: David Short.
- Catapults of Troy . Large variant with a river, catapults, archers, and trojan horses! Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Great Whale Shogi. Large board based on Whale and Wa Shogi. Author: Douglas Silfen. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Oblong Chess 44 . Missing description By Erez Schatz.
- Operational Chess 2. Large, wargame inspired variant with ranged pieces. By Andy Thomas.
- Pillars of Medusa . Download Pillars of Medusa for Zillions of Games! Author: Jason Jakupca. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Ramayana Chess . Chess variant inspired by the Ramayana epic. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Luiz Carlos Campos.
- Round Honeycomb Chess . Round Honeycomb Chess is a cross between Circular/Cylindrical Chess and Hexagonal Chess. By David Cannon.
- Spinal Tap Chess . Variant on an 11x11 board with a once-a-game mass 'Battle Move' of Pawns and Crabs. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Short.
- Spinal Tap vs Terror Chess . The Spinal Tap Chess army vs the Terror Chess army in the battle of the 11x11 variants. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Short.
- Straights . Chess-like Naval Battle game from the end of the 19th Century. Author: Young-Hyun Joo. Inventor: Anne Marriot Watson.
- Sunflower HexChess Zillions zip . Sunflower HexChess Zillions rule file. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Tamerlane II . Modern variant based upon ancient large chess variant. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Terror Chess . Variant on 11 by 11 board with combination pieces. By Brian Wong.
- Trubix-43 . Unique piece and lines of movement on an hourglass board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Short.
Total items listed: 22