- Bughouse Chess. 4 player variant where pieces taken from your opponent are given to your partner. Author: Karl Scherer.
- Double Alternate Chess. Game played on two boards with object to checkmate either King. Inventor: Ken Franklin.
- Excelsior . At certain moments in the game, pieces are moved to an additional 5 by 4 area. Author: Dan Troyka. Inventor: Este.
- Flipworld . Pieces are on both sides of a disc. Author: Dan Troyka.
- Flying Chess . Some pieces can fly. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: David Eltis.
- Fractal Chess . Missing description By Stephane Burkhart.
- Lilliputian Monochromatic Alice Chess . All pieces are colorbound, and switch boards rather than switching color. By Peter Aronson.
- Los Alamos Extinction Chess with Bunkers . On 6 by 6 board with two additional bunkers, and extension chess rules. By Doug Chatham.
- Ludus Magus . Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
- Tandem-84 . Variant on two boards of 7 by 6 rows with pieces moving between boards. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jim Aikin.
Total items listed: 13