- Bottleneck Chess . Most pieces start the game locked up in two bottleneck parts of the board. By Köksal Karakus.
- The Bridge41 . 41 square board with bridge in the middle. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Hubert Lamontagne.
- Chameleon . Chess variant on board of 41 colored squares, where pieces change type depending on color of square the move to. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Chess in the Fast Lane . The 64-squares of a regular Chess board are grouped into 41 "regions" producing a small board that looks full size. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Francois Tremblay.
- Clash of Command . Chesslike game with pieces that change and leave behind other pieces on special board.
- Equestrian Chess . On diamond shaped board with reentry squares and different pieces.
- Espionage Chess . Spy can only be captured in turn after it has moved in 41-square variant. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Free Corners chess . In the corners of seven by seven board, three squares form together one field. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Fusion Diamond 41 . A Fusion Chess variant played on a diamond shaped board of 41 squares. By Fergus Duniho.
- Reenterent Chess . There is one additional square where taken pieces can wait to reenter 5 by 8 main area. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Edward Lovett.
- Snark Hunt . Variant with unequal armies on board with 41 squares, inspired by a poem of Lewis Carroll's. By Peter Aronson.
- Subway Chess . In a turn, player moves first middle subway part of board and then a piece. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Francois Tremblay.
- Take Over Chess . Jump across pieces to take them over from your opponent. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Tapestry . Chess on a four-color 6x6 board, with a 5 square control board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Howe.
- Trubix . Chess variant on board with 41 squares. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Short.
- Two Pipe Chess . Setup on 41-squares board looks like two tobacco pipes. By Doug Chatham.
- Wild Jokers . 7 by 7 board with 8 pits and various pieces, including jokers that can make successive jumps across pit. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Jeff `Cavebear` Stroud.
Total items listed: 18