- Cataclysm. Large board variant with exciting, strategical play, and many powerful short-range pieces. By Greg Strong.
- Chesimals I. This game introduces "Chess Animals", independent groups of chess pieces that act as one large multi-square piece. By Joe Joyce.
- Chieftain Chess. Large variant using 4 royal pieces with command control, multi-piece moves and pieces that may shift direction as they move. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Joe Joyce.
- Jetan Jeddara. Large variant of Jetan. Author: Tony Quintanilla and James Killian Spratt. Inventor: James Killian Spratt.
- SpaceWar. SpaceWar. By Joe Joyce.
- Split Phase Tri-Plane. 3 Boards. Captured pieces split for use on other boards occupied only by kings. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Stuck in the Middle with You. 3 Different Boards and 3 Different Armies! By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Teramachy. Teramachy is the child of Metamachy with 12 rows and Terachess with 16 columns. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
|9 'Play by mail item' entries listed||1 'Three dimensional' entry listed|
|7 'Large board' entries listed||2 'War game' entries listed|
|1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
Total items listed: 9