- 4 Armies. Four traditional armies with cardinals face off on the corners. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Patrick Riley.
- 4 Kings Quasi-Shatranj. Each side has 4 Kings, all pieces are short range. By Kevin Pacey.
- Agincourt. Decimal variant with Archers. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Charles W. Stinson.
- Airplane Chess. R. W. Schmittberger's Airplane Chess on the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Al-Ces. Variant on 10 by 10 board with 30 pieces per player. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Köksal Karakus.
- Aliens Vs Predators. Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Amazon Grand Chess. A combination of Grand Chess and Amazon Chess. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Namik Zade.
- Amazons. Queens fire arrows to make squares unpassable. Last player that moves wins. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Walter Zamkauskas.
- Archchess. Late 17th chess variant from Italy on large board with pieces which include modern queen and squirrel. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Dr. Francesco Piacenza.
- Asylum Chess. Fire-through rooks, mad leaping (camel-move) bishops and double-capture insane ninja knights with lion-like powers. By Charles Daniel.
- Asylum Redux. Featuring dual path Zebra / Camel crooked sliders compounded with Bishop / Rook. By Charles Daniel.
- Atlantean Barroom Shatranj. The most ambitious in a series of new games Joe Joyce is introducing with powerful short range compound double jumpers. By Joe Joyce.
- AVP Episode 2. Very creative and fun contemporaneous take on Maharaja Chess. By Namik Zade.
- Azchess. Adds cannons to Az Chess and reverses the positions of some of the pieces to maximize pawn protection. By Namik Zade.
- Big Board Chess. Play Big Board Chess online with Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Alfred Schönfelder.
- Bird's Chess. Predecessor to Capablanca's Chess with Guard and Equerry. By Nick Wolff.
- Black Hole Chess. Game with missing center and two extra spaces just behind the kings. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: David Short.
- Butterfly Chess. Game with Butterflies (not Ns), Advancers (not Qs) & Flying Dragons added. By Kevin Pacey.
- Caïssa Britannia. Play this British-themed game with royal Queens plus Lions, Unicorns, and Dragons. By Fergus Duniho.
- Camel and Rhino Chess. Variant on 10 by 10 board with new pieces. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Camelrider Chess. P. Aronson's big-board variant with regular pieces and Camelriders. Author: M Winther. Inventor: Peter Aronson.
- Carnage. Combines Rococo type gameplay with Chess on a large board with augmented knights and ninja pawn drops. By Charles Daniel.
- CCC - The Clash of Civilizations Chess. ...two Chess Armies made from (some of) the most popular pieces used in Western and Eastern Chess games. By Namik Zade.
- CCChess - shuffle version. A few different imaginings of CCChess. By Namik Zade.
- CCCHess,Demon Vs Super Symchess. Pieces from Demon Chess face off against those from Super Symchess. By Namik Zade.
- Centennial Chess. 10x10 Variant that adds Camels, Stewards, Rotating Spearmen and Murray Lions to the standard mix. Author: David Howe. Inventor: John William Brown.
- Chess 1010. Game with 40 pieces. By Kevin Pacey.
- Chess 2. Chess 2, with all of the possible compound pieces, and more! By Ezekiel Tewolde.
- Chess With Wizards. Chess with Wizards on the Game Courier. By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Cobra Chess. Link featuring piece that occupies four squares at once, the cobra, moves like a rook but can leap over friendly pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Derick Peterson.
- Colossus. 10x10 chess with 4 Rooks, 4 Knights, 4 Bishops, 10 Pawns, 1 Queen and 1 King! Author: Charles Daniel and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Charles Daniel.
- Decima. Variant on 10 by 10 board where you win when you have 10 points on the 10th row. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Michael Nelson.
- The Demon Game. 10 x 10 game with extra Capablanca pieces. Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Larry L. Smith.
- Dual Chess. A more Chess-like variant featuring the Marshall and the Cardinal. By Antoine Fourrière.
- Elephant Hunt. Ituri Forest Pygmi traditional game with chess-like elements. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Freederick .
- Elven Chess. Chu Shogi Lion, Dragon Horse, Dragon King, Guard on Grand Chess type setup. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: H. G. Muller.
- English Random Chess. Play this game with standard chessmen on a 10x10 board, with randomized piece setup. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Benjamin Clarke.
- Euchess. Missing description By Carlos Cetina.
- Eurasian Chess. Synthesis of European and Asian forms of Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- Existentialist Chess. Play this game on a 10x10 board with many different pieces. Author: Tony Quintanilla and David Short. Inventor: David Short.
- Falcon Chess 100. Falcon Chess 100 is a variant of Falcon Chess played on a larger board with some different rules for the Pawns. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: George William Duke.
- Final Fight CCChess. Last word in CCChess. By Namik Zade.
- Flying Bombers Chess. This dual-range flying and jumping piece adds a new dimension to chess. Standard and large board presets. By Charles Daniel.
- Gala. Historical German variant from the Middle Ages. Author: Tony Quintanilla.
- Gorgona Chess. V. R. Parton's Gorgona paralyzes enemy pieces so they can't move (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Grand Cavalier Chess. Decimal variant with Cannons and Cavalier Chess pieces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Grand Chess. Decimal variant with Cardinals and Marshalls. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
- Grand Shatranj. Grand Shatranj.... extends the examination of short-range leapers by looking at another 2-square jumper and 2 short-range riders. By Joe Joyce.
- Grand Tamerlane Chess. Variation of Mideast Chess by John Davis. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: John Davis.
- Grand Warp Point Chess. Using normal chess pieces, plus two warp points, on a 10 x 10 board where pawns can take large initial steps. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jason Shields.
- Great Chess. An Indian/Turkish and very playable historic variant on a 10 by 10 board. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Hectochess. 10x10 variant that can be played with 2 mismatched Chess sets. By Adam DeWitt.
- Hexagonal Hole Chess. A hexagonal variant of Hole Chess. Engineers can move holes and barriers. Teleporters can relocate enemy pieces. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Hiashatar. Mongolian Decimal Chess. By Jose Carrillo.
- Jetan. Play Edgar Rice Burrough's Martian Chess or Jetan! Author: James Killian Spratt and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- Jumping Chess. Pieces capture by jumping. Board has extra edge squares making it 10x10. By Peter Aronson.
- Jumping Knights Chess. Nightriders replace Knights and War Machines have also been added to Jumping Chess. By David Paulowich.
- Knight-Pawn Chess. Elegant chess game with knight-pawns that can move as pawns midway up the board if they find themselves behind it. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Matthew Montchalin.
- Leapers Chess. Decimal variant with additional leaping abilities for each of the pieces. By Larry L. Smith.
- Leapers Creeepers. Featuring compound long leapers of giraffes, zebras and camels. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Maces and Horse-apults. Similar to chess, but on a 10 x 10 board and the addition of Maces and Horse-apults. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Maces, Horse-apults, and Tulpas. Maces and Horse-apults with user-created Tulpa pieces. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Maces, Shields, and Horse-apults. Like Maces and Horse-apults, but pawns are protected from Mace capture. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Mad Chess (Steel=White). Chess variant with unequal armies on 10 by 10 board. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Mad Chess (Stone=White). Chess variant with unequal armies on 10 by 10 board. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Mastodon Chess. Standard pieces plus two Mastodons per side. A strategical big-board variant. By M Winther.
- Mideast Chess. Cavalier (as Aanca-Gryphon) with Courtier (as zebras), castles (squirrels) and chevaliers (camels) with FIDE pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: John Mantle Green.
- Mimic Chess. Chess on a larger board with 3 new pieces with constantly changing movement capabilities. By Nick Wolff.
- Mimotaur Chess. Missing description Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Monadchess. 10 x 10 setup with Capablanca-esque pieces and cannons and extra pawns and pieces designed to make flanks safer. By Namik Zade.
- Monadchess II. Setup a little different from Monadchess... By Namik Zade.
- Mythical Fantasy Conquest. Play this large variant with new fantasy pieces! Author: Lim Ther Peng and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Lim Ther Peng.
- Octopus Chess. Featuring the Sorcerer Snake, the Ninja Pawn, the Wazir Knight, the Ferz Knight and the Octopus. By Charles Daniel.
- Odin's Rune Chess. With pieces that were inspired by rune images and meanings.... By Gary K. Gifford.
- Opulent Chess. Play this derivative of Grand Chess with additional jumping pieces (Lion and Wizard). By Greg Strong.
- Opulent Lemurian Shatranj. Joe Joyce's Shaman and Hero pieces are on a large board. By David Paulowich.
- Paulovits's Game. Istv. By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Pick the Piece Big Chess. Players can choose to play with Gryphon, anti-Gryphon, SuperCannon, Flying Bomber, Ninja Pawns and many other diverse pieces. By Charles Daniel.
- Pillage. Featuring the Super Pawn: a powerful short-range piece with promotional capabilities. By Charles Daniel.
- Pre-Grandchess. Eric Greenwood realized that Christian Freeling's Great Chess could have arisen with this more normal looking position. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Presiding Chess. Decimal Variant combining a number of exotic pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Tucker Kao.
- Ravioli Chess. Chess on two boards squeezed together at the edges. By Antoine Fourrière.
- Rococo. A clear, aggressive Ultima variant on a 10x10 ring board (includes mirror array and Push-Pullyu variants). Author: Peter Aronson and Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Peter Aronson and David Howe.
- Rose Chess. Grand Chess with Roses substituted for knights, Rose-Bishop for Cardinal, Rose-Rook for Marshall. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Ryugi. 10x10 variant with Kirins, Marshalls, and Dragons, the latter which can move as a Bishop or as a Nightrider. By Adam DeWitt.
- Sac Chess. Play classical chess along with classical compound pieces: amazons, chancellors, archbishops... Author: Carlos Cetina. Inventor: Kevin Pacey.
- Samarcanda. Zebras, Camels, Crooked Bishops, Squirrels and the FIDE Army populate this exciting game. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Nuno Cruz.
- Seenschach. Crooked Bishops, Reflecting Bishops, Harvesters and Hornets navigate around a giant central abyss. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jörg Knappen.
- Shako. Cannons and elephants are added in variant on 10 by 10 board. Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Shatranj Al-Husun - Citadel Chess. Historical variant of Shatranj. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Shatranj Kamil. Shatranj Kamil or "Perfect Chess" a historical variant combining alfils, camels rooks and ferz. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Shatranj Kamil X. Shatranj Kamil, now with Chinese Cannons and Padwars (Jetan). By David Paulowich.
- Shosu Shogi. 10x10 Shogi variant with Queens and more powerful promoted pieces. By Adam DeWitt.
- Sky. Brilliant original game by Christine Bagley-Jones. Pieces promote through a succession of odd leapers eventually to a rooks. Author: Christine Bagley-Jones and Joe Joyce. Inventor: Christine Bagley-Jones.
- SOHO Chess. Chess on a 10x10 board with Champions, FADs, Wizards & Cannons. By Kevin Pacey.
- Squirrel Chess. Adapted from Squirrels and Camels Chess and reintroducing a unique old piece with zone of influence. By Vitya Makov.
- Squirrels and Camels Chess. Squirrels camels and renn cavaliers along with FIDE pieces and guards on this 10 x 10 board. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- SSShess. Attempt at optimal setup with the most popular in the West and in the East chess pieces with the optimum piece density. By Namik Zade.
- Super Knights Chess 2. The Archbishop and Chancellor are complimented by a Ferz Knight, a Wazir Knight and Ninja Pawns. By Charles Daniel.
- Super Knights Grand Chess. Two Chancellors, One Archbishop, no knights and Amazon among Bishops, Rooks... Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Charles Daniel.
- Symchess. 10 x 10 setup with Capablanca-esque pieces and camels or fils. By Namik Zade.
- TenCubed Chess. Play TenCubed Chess on Game Courier. Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: David Paulowich.
- The Secret Invisible Pass Chess. Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Tree Garden Chess. Zebras, camels, cardinals, marshalls negotiate around a central lacuna. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: William Overington.
- Turkish Great Chess, variation II. Gollon's large historical variant. Author: Tony Quintanilla and John Ayer.
- Turkish Great Chess, variation VI. Large variant adding an Archbishop and a General (Amazon). Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Savio Cagliostro.
- Unicorn Chess. Unicorn Chess with one queen, two cardinalriders and two marshalls. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: David Paulowich.
- Unicorn Great Chess. Enjoyable game: Great Chess pawn structure encloses two half-ducks - "lions" - with exciting bishop-nightrider - "unicorn.". Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: David Paulowich.
- Venomous. Play this new large board system of chess with the Sissa, Sorcerer Snake and Ninja pawns. By Charles Daniel.
- The War of World`s Warriors Chess. Logical continuation of Clash of Civilizations Chess, optimizes piece density within limits of 50% +/- 2. By Namik Zade.
- Wild Kingdom. Battle for jungle dominance with your own army of animals, each with special abilities. By Nick Wolff.
- Wildeurasian Qi. Variant on 10 by 10 board combining ideas of several existing variants. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Wreckage!. Introducing the dual mode Flying Guillotine, the Detonator that destroys adjacent pieces, and the advancer / withdrawer Dragon. By Charles Daniel.
- Xhess. Decimal variant using nightriders, special lame knight pawns, cannons and rooks. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: David Howe.
- ZigZag Madness. Introducing the 2-path bent riders: the ZigZag Bishop and ZigZag Rook. By Charles Daniel.
Total items listed: 117