Starts with the letter 'R'
- Random Pawns. Randomly select your Pawns' movement and capture abilities. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Gavin King.
- Random Pieces. A 20 game match is played, with each player receiving a number of pieces equal in value to the game number. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Roger Cooper.
- Real chess. Players start with placing their major pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: E. I. Csaszar.
- Reduced Endgame Chess. Two kings and six pawns are used for practicing endgames. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: David Howe.
- Relative Lumberjack. Pieces move the same as other pieces in its file. (8x8, Cells: 64) By John Smith.
- Relocation Chess. A remarkably easy method of rearranging the standard array of pieces (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Retro Chess. A chess game progresses backwards from an empty board. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Mike Smolowitz.
- Rettah. Different setup and powerfull king. Taking obligatory when in check. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Vu Q Vo. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Rolling Kings. Kings must move along a predetermined path. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Peter Aronson.
- Royal Magician's Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Ruddigore Chess. Chessgi variant where you can capture your own pieces, and every other turn you must capture or sacrifice a piece. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Peter Aronson.
|11 'Game' entries listed||1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
Total items listed: 11