Starts with the letter 'P'
- Paloma Chess. Game with Royal Queen, promotable Kings, and an unusual array. (8x8, Cells: 64) and Becca Rabong. Inventor: Becca Rabong.
- Parachute Chess. Start with empty board and begin with dropping pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Edward Jackman.
- Patt-schach (Stalemate chess). Players start with an illegal move from a stalemated position. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Paulowich's Chancellor Chess. A proposal to play chancellor chess with chancellors and queens in the corner on 8 by 8 board. (8x8, Cells: 64) By David Paulowich.
- Pawn-Only Chess. Training chess variant. Only pawns, first promotion wins. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Pavel Tikhomirov.
- Pawns-to-Kings Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Patrik Hedman.
- Peasant Revolt. Modest variant with unequal setup. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: George Whelan. Inventor: R. L. Frey.
- Persian Chess. Persian Chess is a citadel 9x9 game. By Persian Chess.
- Placement. Only kings start on board; other pieces are dropped to home square and then moved. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Walter Weiss.
- Placement Chess. King and queen are swapped with another piece, except rook, and creating a new mirrored position (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Prime.Ministers Contemporary Random Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Jose Carrillo.
|11 'Game' entries listed||1 'Large board' entry listed|
|1 'Oriental' entry listed||1 'From ancient times' entry listed|
Total items listed: 11