Starts with the letter 'N'
- Near Chess. This is a variant of Skirmish Chess designed to be friendlier to newbies. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Rich Hutnik.
- Neoclassical Chess. The opening moves are selected through a random ballot. By Gabriel F. Bobadilla.
- Neoteric Chess. Pieces are swapped before play begins. An external piece is introduced (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Neutral King Chess. V.R. Parton's game where two armies share a King both must try to mate. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- New Android Variant. Traditional game rules and pieces. By RICHARD BIELE.
- Nine-Queen Chess. Queens are placed instead of Pawns. (8x8, Cells: 64) Inventor: Eric Beck.
- Ninjutsu (Claustrophobia 2). The fierce double capture leaping pieces: the Ninja Warriors and the Ninja Guards can promote to Insane Ninja Knights! (8x5, Cells: 46) By Charles Daniel.
- Ninth Century Indian Chess. Differs from Shatranj in the setup and the Elephant's move. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: John Ayer.
- Noli Me Tangere Chess. Missing description (10x10, Cells: 100) By Patrik Hedman.
|9 'Game' entries listed||1 'Large board' entry listed|
|1 'From ancient times' entry listed||1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
|1 'Circular shaped board' entry listed|
Total items listed: 9