Starts with the letter 'H'
- Half-Random Chess. Three pieces are placed randomly, the other five by the players. By Davor Vujacic.
- Henry VIII Chess. This is a hybrid capture king-losing chess variant. (7x8, Cells: 56) By Rich Hutnik.
- Hero and Superhero Chess. The King's Pawn is replaced by a Hero (moves like any other piece on your side on the board) or a Superhero (improved Hero). (8x8, Cells: 64) By Tomas Forsman.
- Hidden Random Chess. This is a two-player game that incorporates the element of chance in chess. By Prussia General.
- Hindustani Chess. 19th century Indian game. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: John Ayer. Inventor: _unknown.
- Horseman's Chess. Game where pieces mount and dismount. By Frank MacCrory.
|6 'Game' entries listed||1 'From ancient times' entry listed|
|1 'Hidden information' entry listed||1 'Sold commercially' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6