Starts with the letter 'H'
- Half Courier. Missing description Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Half-Random Chess. Three pieces are placed randomly, the other five by the players. By Davor Vujacic.
- Henry VIII Chess. This is a hybrid capture king-losing chess variant. (7x8, Cells: 56) By Rich Hutnik.
- Henry VIII Chess Preset. This is the preset for Henry VIII Chess (unique take on Extinction Chess). Author: Rich Hutnik.
- Hero and Superhero Chess. The King's Pawn is replaced by a Hero (moves like any other piece on your side on the board) or a Superhero (improved Hero). (8x8, Cells: 64) By Tomas Forsman.
- Hero Chess. The king's pawn is replaced by a unit which mimics the move of any friendly unit on the board. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Tomas Forsman.
- Hero Chess II. Missing description Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Hero Chess III. Also called Superhero Chess. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Tomas Forsman.
- Hidden Random Chess. This is a two-player game that incorporates the element of chance in chess. By Prussia General.
- Hindustani Chess. 19th century Indian game. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: John Ayer. Inventor: _unknown.
- Hindustani Chess. 19th century Indian game. Author: Tony Quintanilla and John Ayer. Inventor: _unknown.
- Hopper-Elk Chess. Pieces can hop over an enemy pawn and land directly behind it. The Elk moves differently depending on square colour. By M Winther.
- Horseman's Chess. Game where pieces mount and dismount. By Frank MacCrory.
Total items listed: 13