Starts with the letter 'G'
- Ganeshan Chess. Introducing a new Elephant piece known as (the) Ganapati. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Simon Edward Jepps.
- Give & Take Chess. After setting up pieces, players must capture each turn. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Mark Thompson.
- Gladiator Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By David Fisher.
- Golden Age Chess on a Really Big Board. Variant on 16 by 16 board with several different pieces. Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Goodchess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Este.
- GoshawkChess. Variant of Capablanca Chess with two Goshawks per side replacing the Archbishop and Chancellor. By James Zuercher.
- Grand Alamos Chess. FIDE, but with an initial setup reminiscent of Grand Chess. By Jeff Cornell.
- Green Chess. More than 100 chess variants playable online. By János M. Uray.
Total items listed: 8