Starts with the letter 'F'
- Fabulous Flying Kittens. Toroidally interwoven board using same number of squares and pieces as FIDE Chess. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Falcon Random Chess. Missing description (10x10, Cells: 100) By George William Duke.
- Feebback Chess . Variant where pieces are "feeble backwards" -- backwards moves can not capture. By Peter Aronson.
- Feeble Chess. Pieces are weakenend as they must use a turn to change direction or flip between taking and non-taking mode. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- Feeble Chess . Very weak pieces, but still 'chess-like'. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Fibonacci Chess. Move your opponent's pieces on certain turns. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Steve Costa.
- FIDE Frolic. FIDE chess, but with each piece able to leap. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- File Sharing Chess. File Sharing, pawn swapping, always passed pawns. (8x8, Cells: 64) By JT K.
- FireFighter Chess. A game where one piece is a secret fire fighter with special powers. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- Fish Chess . Pawns can move backwards without capturing. Author: Marek14 .
- Fish Chess. Pawns can move backwards without capturing. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Fish Chess I. Pawns can move backwards. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Fish Chess II. Pawns can move and capture backwards. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Fluid Chess. A modest variation allowing movement through friendly pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Joe Joyce.
- Follow the King!. Pieces must make the same move as their King. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ed Pegg Jr..
- Force Field Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Douglas Yale Kaplan Seiden-Sacharovich.
- Forward Chess. Variant where backward movement is limited. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Michael Nelson.
- Forward Chess . Download these files to play Forward Chess with Zillions of Games! By Michael Nelson.
- Four-Fold Chess. Missing description (16x16, Cells: 256) By Larry L. Smith.
- Free Castling Chess. Game using old liberal Italian castling rules. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Free Castling Rule. Less restrictive castling rules. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Roger Cooper.
- FreePawnChess. Chess with more powerful pawns. By Ronald W Brierley.
- Fuller's Proposal. Bishops can also move and capture as knights. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: F. G. Fuller.
|12 'Game' entries listed||5 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed|
|4 'Java Program' entries listed||2 'Play by mail item' entries listed|
|1 'Four or more dimensional' entry listed||2 'Large board' entries listed|
Total items listed: 23